The Road To Black Adonis part B-Yoga and other ridiculous looking things


I'm now in week 4 of P90X and I must say I'm very proud of the fact that exercise has now become such a regimented part of my day that I find myself having to wake up earlier just to do it. Also, it's a Monday and according to my schedule, this is chest and arms day. I love this day because after the work out, there's what I like to call the Post work out pump where you're muscles look way bigger because of all the resistance and pump build up. Vanity thy name is Anthony.

However, week 4 has begun and it's cardio and rest week from all the heavy lifting and grunt work of pushups and ab rippers(which is the worst thing ever. seriously, didn't god include it in the curses he was dishing out to Adam Eve and that poor snake?). This means it's going to be all about yoga, kenpo X, cardio x , core strengthening and stretching. Imagine my excitement.

This stuff just doesn't give me motivation. It's slower, more aimed at stretching your muscles, increasing strength. It's all sweat dripping down from your leg onto your face while you're in some absurd position that I'm sure was first invented by a sex crazed king for one of his concubines. It's breathing in the stench of your own body's exhaustion fumes that have been fermented in the little space called the work out area.

I never thought I'd say it but Yoga is freaking hard. However, it is paying some dividends. I feel much much lighter on my feet, I can do a 170 degree leg split-we all know why boys can't do the full 180 and hope to have children who aren't brain damaged. I can touch my right nipple with my left arm after passing it round my back(Hello ladies ;-).

the challenge is going to be sticking with it because the results are slow and gradual over time. And i'm a man of average patience. So I'm convincing myself that the next young lady that make some lucky enough to be her fella, is going to enjoy the benefits of my new stretchy body. Never again will she have to bend over to pick up loose change, I'll do that shit like Dhalsim off Street Fighter

Oops, those aren't my girlfriends coins. Sorry dude



As part of my road to black Adonis, I have also revisited my studies in philosophy-(Are you asleep yet?). And my lesson for the week came from the story of Sisyphus-a giant who is given a task by the Gods of rolling a boaulder up to the top of a mountain over and over again. Everytime he gets it to the top, he watches it roll back down to the bottom of the mountain and he has to do it all over again. Such is life. Loads of heavy lifting. However, the giant enjoys his task because he undertsands that it is absurd and all he can do is enjoy it.  It's a way to look at life and meaning and all that stuff that just makes you want to pull your hair out from time to time. Here is an excerpt from someone's take on the piece that I really like


A


"In " The Myth of Sisyphus," Albert Camus cites absurdity as a symptom of modern spiritual discomfort, and wonders if suicide is the only rational response to the dissonance that occurs when man attempts to impose his need for rationality on the random structure of reality. (Turns out that it’s not. Phew!) Camus thought that following the absurd through to its logical conclusion is the only way to liberate oneself from existential worry. In other words, learn to embrace, or at least tolerate, the sheer weirdness of your existence, and you will have a much easier go of things."       From splitsider.com




Comments

the Judesturr said…
I happened to Google your blog today and this came up. Did you know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Rules:_Polite_Musings_from_a_Timid_Observer

And yes. Yoga has never been a walk in the park.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Refuge has its price: My visit to the Prophet Mbonye- led Fellowship of Remnants

Dont Act. Just Think : A short lesson from 2023

The Disasterous Liberating Encounters of Love