I'm just a fool for you

Do me a favor
hurry and open the door
Because the space between the knock
and when you stand before me
Is a space when my mind rushes
When I imagine what you'll look like
What you'll smell like
And I'm always wrong
You're always so much better
Hug me tight and all the world is blue
Be kind to me
I'm just a fool for you

Your smile is like a double barreled shot gun
and you've got it aimed right at me
You're kisses put creases on my brain
Those other girls are just tonic water
You're vodka lemon
Be kind to me
I'm a fool for you

You sit close to me
laugh with me
And I pour myself a numbing drink
Try hard not to sink
In this crazy crazy tide of feelings
This jigsaw needs to come together
Do you like me too
Or am I just a fool for you?

Blue moon
that's how often this comes along
with a face made to break  hearts
And a laugh that tears me up and builds me back up
Don't know if I can stand it
Try me and see
You never know
I just maybe the one for you
be kind to me
I'm just a fool for you

I've tried to ask you this in my dream
Look into my eyes and see
I'm not being honest when I pretend
That you're just my friend
It';s no surprise
This brother's hanging on
looking on
Pretending  you're just some other bird

Be kind to me
I'm such a fool for you

Comments

Anonymous said…
WOW!!!!!!! you better get your "friend" to read this... five star poem

Popular posts from this blog

Every Refuge has its price: My visit to the Prophet Mbonye- led Fellowship of Remnants

The Disasterous Liberating Encounters of Love

Dont Act. Just Think : A short lesson from 2023