The Things I Fear

The things I fear

I fear that I will one day lose a bit of my mind, that the one place I thought I could be safe and be myself will betray me

I fear that I am my parents son..That their stubbornness , the depression is hard coded in me. I feel it sometimes when I feel like just getting away from everyone.

I fear that I won’t be able to be truly intimate with anyone-because I just don’t trust it. I had to be strong and independent to make it out, the very things that have kept me a float may stop me from ever being able to let myself go


I fear that I am too ready to accept the bad. That I don’t trust compliments or good times. I always wait for the painful comfort of loss or tension. I’m built to deal with it.

I fear that I may always be careful…Always thinking things ahead..That the child I was –precocious, curious and adventurous is somewhere in me gasping for air. Hoping his older self will take more risks



I fear that I had faith simply because it allowed the lack of answers to be replaced with the word GOD..but now I must find the answers out for myself


I fear I might fail to find them

I am afraid that I am all I really have.


Comments

Roland Byagaba said…
You sir might not have a bambi face, but this sure is a deep bambi post.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Refuge has its price: My visit to the Prophet Mbonye- led Fellowship of Remnants

The Disasterous Liberating Encounters of Love

Dont Act. Just Think : A short lesson from 2023